Data Protection Policy for Julie Driver Pilates Education
- Introduction and Purpose
At Julie Driver Pilates Education, we are fully committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our customers, employees, contractors, and partners. This Data Protection Policy outlines our dedication to data protection and our compliance with data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. The aim of this policy is to guarantee the lawful, equitable, and transparent processing of personal data and to provide clear directives on the handling of personal data.
- Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Data Controller: The entity that determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- Data Processor: An entity that processes personal data on behalf of the data controller.
- Processing: Any operation performed on personal data, including collection, recording, storage, and more.
- Legal Framework
We operate in accordance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. These regulations provide the foundation for the legal and transparent processing of personal data.
- Data Protection Principles
We adhere to the following principles when processing personal data:
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) oversees data protection activities and ensures compliance with regulations.
- [Specify relevant roles and responsibilities within your organisation.]
- Data Collection and Processing
We collect and process personal data for specific and legitimate purposes. Personal data is collected based on legal grounds, such as consent, contract performance, legal obligation, or legitimate interests. We only collect data that is necessary for the intended purpose.
- Data Subject Rights
Data subjects have the right to access their personal data, rectify inaccuracies, erase data, restrict processing, and more. Requests from data subjects will be addressed promptly and in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
- Data Security and Confidentiality
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of personal data. This includes physical security, access controls, encryption, and regular employee training on data protection best practices.
- Data Breach Notification
In case of a data breach, we will promptly assess the risk and, if necessary, notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and affected individuals in accordance with GDPR requirements.
- International Data Transfers
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) will be conducted in compliance with GDPR provisions, using Standard Contractual Clauses or other approved mechanisms.
Where there is a requirement to share data with third parties we will inform you of this and we will only share the information needed for the intended purpose, for example, basic information for registration purposes with the Awarding Organisation and information about learning progress and assessment records.
- Training and Awareness
All employees and contractors receive regular training on data protection principles and practices to ensure proper handling of personal data.
- Data Retention
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
- Policy Review and Updates
This policy will be regularly reviewed to ensure its accuracy and effectiveness. Changes in regulations or practices will be reflected in the policy.
- Contact Information
For data protection inquiries or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org